Discrimination of Dalits a shame for Guj Govt: Paswan
Ahmedabad: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
president Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday said that it was shame for
Gujarat Government that people are still being discriminated
on the basis of caste in one of its villages here.
Paswan who is on a two-day visit to the state said
this during a function in Vanthal village of the district
where over 145 dalit families have been outcast from the
village by upper caste people.
The LJP president took a dig at the state government
saying, "It is a shame that such kind of discrimination was
still prevalent in the 21st century."
"Despite representations the state government was
ignorant about it," Paswan said, adding that those who have
been forced to migrate, should be rehabilitated and those
responsible for the act should be punished severely.
Paswan today led a rally demanding rehabilitation of
dalit families back to Vanthal village. These families were
forced to move out of the village due to constant harassment
by the upper caste people.
Many families which had migrated to Jetpur in Rajkot
were brought back to Vanthal village as part of the rally
organised by the LJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested