Do`s & don`ts issued during Modi’s Sadbhavna fast
Ahmedabad: Embarrassed by incidents such as
a Muslim cleric offering Narendra Modi a skull cap and his
refusal to accept it, the Gujarat Chief Minister`s Office has
now issued a list of do`s and don`ts for the organisers.
A note, containing instructions for the organisers at the
district level, has been circulated to BJP workers as well as
the council of ministers, a source in the Chief Minister`s
Among other things, it says that identities and
credentials of anyone desiring to meet Modi on the stage must
Permission will have to be taken for gifting him anything
on the stage. The ministers have been told not to repeat the
During Modi`s three-day Sadbhavna fast in Ahmedabad, a
Muslim cleric requested him to wear a skull cap, which the
chief minister refused. Then again, in Navsari district,
during the second leg of Sadbhavna mission, another Muslim
cleric tried to put a scarf around Modi`s shoulder, but Modi
declined to accept it.
The incidents, against Modi`s assertion that the
objective of the mission was to promote communal harmony, came
as embarrassments to the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry