Dowry-harassment complaint filed against district judge
Rajkot: A complaint has been filed against District and Sessions judge of Porbandar for allegedly harassing his daughter-in-law for dowry, police said here on Sunday.
Darshana Dave, a native of Amreli, has filed a complaint against her husband Kinnar, father-in-law and district judge Arvind Dave, mother-in-law Pratibha and brother-in-law Prashant, police said.
Darshana married Kinnar two years back. Her complaint says that she was harassed from the beginning, and was even beaten up by the husband and in-laws, who were demanding Rs ten lakh as dowry, police said.
She also alleges that she was thrown out of the house a few months back, and her husband is now seeking divorce.
When contacted, Amreli superintendent of police HR Muliyana confirmed to have received the complaint against the judge and the others. He said that action will be taken after verifying the complaint.
This is the second complaint related to dowry harassment filed against a judge in the state in the recent past.
Earlier, a woman had filed a complaint against additional sessions judge of Jetpur after her daughter and the judge`s wife committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US