Dowry-harassment complaint filed against district judge
Rajkot: A complaint has been filed against District and Sessions judge of Porbandar for allegedly harassing his daughter-in-law for dowry, police said here on Sunday.
Darshana Dave, a native of Amreli, has filed a complaint against her husband Kinnar, father-in-law and district judge Arvind Dave, mother-in-law Pratibha and brother-in-law Prashant, police said.
Darshana married Kinnar two years back. Her complaint says that she was harassed from the beginning, and was even beaten up by the husband and in-laws, who were demanding Rs ten lakh as dowry, police said.
She also alleges that she was thrown out of the house a few months back, and her husband is now seeking divorce.
When contacted, Amreli superintendent of police HR Muliyana confirmed to have received the complaint against the judge and the others. He said that action will be taken after verifying the complaint.
This is the second complaint related to dowry harassment filed against a judge in the state in the recent past.
Earlier, a woman had filed a complaint against additional sessions judge of Jetpur after her daughter and the judge`s wife committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter