Drug peddler hurls sandal at judge in court
Rajkot: A drug peddler, who was given a 10-
year prison term on Saturday, hurled a sandal at the additional
sessions judge at Jamnagar who pronounced the verdict, police
Sushant Sardeshwar Lal (26), a native of Odisha, was
arrested in 2009 for possessing drugs in Jamnagar. The verdict
in the case was pronounced by additional sessions judge P A
Gadhvi. When the judge sentenced him to 10 years rigorous
imprisonment under two different sections of IPC and slapped a
fine of Rs 2 lakh on him, Sushant took out his sandal and
threw it at the judge, police said.
However, the judge ducked.
Sushant was immediately rounded up by policemen present
at the court. He later apologised in writing for his
misbehaviour and the judge too forgave him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!