Drug peddler hurls sandal at judge in court
Rajkot: A drug peddler, who was given a 10-
year prison term on Saturday, hurled a sandal at the additional
sessions judge at Jamnagar who pronounced the verdict, police
Sushant Sardeshwar Lal (26), a native of Odisha, was
arrested in 2009 for possessing drugs in Jamnagar. The verdict
in the case was pronounced by additional sessions judge P A
Gadhvi. When the judge sentenced him to 10 years rigorous
imprisonment under two different sections of IPC and slapped a
fine of Rs 2 lakh on him, Sushant took out his sandal and
threw it at the judge, police said.
However, the judge ducked.
Sushant was immediately rounded up by policemen present
at the court. He later apologised in writing for his
misbehaviour and the judge too forgave him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what