Drug peddler hurls sandal at judge in court
Rajkot: A drug peddler, who was given a 10-
year prison term on Saturday, hurled a sandal at the additional
sessions judge at Jamnagar who pronounced the verdict, police
Sushant Sardeshwar Lal (26), a native of Odisha, was
arrested in 2009 for possessing drugs in Jamnagar. The verdict
in the case was pronounced by additional sessions judge P A
Gadhvi. When the judge sentenced him to 10 years rigorous
imprisonment under two different sections of IPC and slapped a
fine of Rs 2 lakh on him, Sushant took out his sandal and
threw it at the judge, police said.
However, the judge ducked.
Sushant was immediately rounded up by policemen present
at the court. He later apologised in writing for his
misbehaviour and the judge too forgave him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'