Drug peddler hurls sandal at judge in court
Rajkot: A drug peddler, who was given a 10-
year prison term on Saturday, hurled a sandal at the additional
sessions judge at Jamnagar who pronounced the verdict, police
Sushant Sardeshwar Lal (26), a native of Odisha, was
arrested in 2009 for possessing drugs in Jamnagar. The verdict
in the case was pronounced by additional sessions judge P A
Gadhvi. When the judge sentenced him to 10 years rigorous
imprisonment under two different sections of IPC and slapped a
fine of Rs 2 lakh on him, Sushant took out his sandal and
threw it at the judge, police said.
However, the judge ducked.
Sushant was immediately rounded up by policemen present
at the court. He later apologised in writing for his
misbehaviour and the judge too forgave him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon