EC stops circulation of `Gujarat` magazine
Rajkot: The State Election Commission stopped the circulation of over 25,000 copies of `Gujarat`, a magazine published by the state government in Rajkot, Jamnagar and Amreli district after the enforcement of the model code of conduct.
The fortnightly magazine published by Gujarat government`s information and broadcasting department covers news, politics, literature, development and progressive reports, village highlights, culture and traditions of Gujarat.
"The district authority has stopped the distribution of about 25,000 copies of the magazine at various post offices in Rajkot district from where it was to be despatched," Rajkot district collector Rajendra Kumar said.
Though district authorities in Amreli and Jamnagar refused to divulge the number of magazines seized at various post offices in the district, sources said that distribution of close to 5000 magazines were stopped in the districts.
"The action was taken following an instruction given by the state`s chief election officer Anita Karwal," Rajendra Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city