EC stops circulation of `Gujarat` magazine
Rajkot: The State Election Commission stopped the circulation of over 25,000 copies of `Gujarat`, a magazine published by the state government in Rajkot, Jamnagar and Amreli district after the enforcement of the model code of conduct.
The fortnightly magazine published by Gujarat government`s information and broadcasting department covers news, politics, literature, development and progressive reports, village highlights, culture and traditions of Gujarat.
"The district authority has stopped the distribution of about 25,000 copies of the magazine at various post offices in Rajkot district from where it was to be despatched," Rajkot district collector Rajendra Kumar said.
Though district authorities in Amreli and Jamnagar refused to divulge the number of magazines seized at various post offices in the district, sources said that distribution of close to 5000 magazines were stopped in the districts.
"The action was taken following an instruction given by the state`s chief election officer Anita Karwal," Rajendra Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?