Educational institutes remain closed in Rajkot
Rajkot: Schools and colleges in Rajkot district remained closed following a statewide bandh call given by youth Congress and NSUI (National Students Union of India) on Saturday against government`s alleged failure to protect children.
"Thousand of children have gone missing in Gujarat and despite repeated appeals, the state government has done nothing to find them," Rajdeep Jadeja, youth congress president said.
Educational institutes in districts like Jamnagar, Porbandar, Surendra Nagar and Junagadh also observed bandh while those in Amreli functioned normally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter