Educational institutes remain closed in Rajkot
Rajkot: Schools and colleges in Rajkot district remained closed following a statewide bandh call given by youth Congress and NSUI (National Students Union of India) on Saturday against government`s alleged failure to protect children.
"Thousand of children have gone missing in Gujarat and despite repeated appeals, the state government has done nothing to find them," Rajdeep Jadeja, youth congress president said.
Educational institutes in districts like Jamnagar, Porbandar, Surendra Nagar and Junagadh also observed bandh while those in Amreli functioned normally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan