Educational institutes remain closed in Rajkot
Rajkot: Schools and colleges in Rajkot district remained closed following a statewide bandh call given by youth Congress and NSUI (National Students Union of India) on Saturday against government`s alleged failure to protect children.
"Thousand of children have gone missing in Gujarat and despite repeated appeals, the state government has done nothing to find them," Rajdeep Jadeja, youth congress president said.
Educational institutes in districts like Jamnagar, Porbandar, Surendra Nagar and Junagadh also observed bandh while those in Amreli functioned normally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price