Educational institutes remain closed in Rajkot
Rajkot: Schools and colleges in Rajkot district remained closed following a statewide bandh call given by youth Congress and NSUI (National Students Union of India) on Saturday against government`s alleged failure to protect children.
"Thousand of children have gone missing in Gujarat and despite repeated appeals, the state government has done nothing to find them," Rajdeep Jadeja, youth congress president said.
Educational institutes in districts like Jamnagar, Porbandar, Surendra Nagar and Junagadh also observed bandh while those in Amreli functioned normally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015