Educational institutes remain closed in Rajkot
Rajkot: Schools and colleges in Rajkot district remained closed following a statewide bandh call given by youth Congress and NSUI (National Students Union of India) on Saturday against government`s alleged failure to protect children.
"Thousand of children have gone missing in Gujarat and despite repeated appeals, the state government has done nothing to find them," Rajdeep Jadeja, youth congress president said.
Educational institutes in districts like Jamnagar, Porbandar, Surendra Nagar and Junagadh also observed bandh while those in Amreli functioned normally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell