Effigy of Rahul Gandhi burnt by Bajrang Dal
Rajkot: Activists of Bajrang Dal on Friday
burnt an effigy of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to
protest against his remarks after Mumbai serial terror blasts.
The effigy was burnt near Tricaun Baug area.
Rahul Gandhi, who was in Orissa a day after Mumbai serial
blasts had said that it was very difficult to stop every
single terror attack and 99 per cent of the strikes had been
foiled thanks to intelligence and security agencies.
Bajrang Dal Saurashtra unit president Haresh Chauhan,
while criticising Gandhi`s remark, said the statement given by
the Congress leader was unfortunate.
"The government should foil every single terror attack
but the Congress leader was trying to defend the union
government`s failure against the terror attack," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj