Eight lakh Gujarat govt staffers on mass CL
Gandhinagar: Seeking implementation of sixth pay commission recommendations, nearly eight lakh Gujarat government employees will take mass casual leave on Thursday.
Organised by the Gujarat Rajya Karmachari Samiti, the mass CL programme was finalised after the expiry of the deadline for withdrawing police cases and transfer orders against employee leaders.
However, 2,500 employees of the New Sachivalaya Association and about 2 lakh probationers are not taking part in the strike.
It is for the first time in the recent history of Gujarat that such a show of strength is being displayed by different employee and officers associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire