Eight lakh Gujarat govt staffers on mass CL
Gandhinagar: Seeking implementation of sixth pay commission recommendations, nearly eight lakh Gujarat government employees will take mass casual leave on Thursday.
Organised by the Gujarat Rajya Karmachari Samiti, the mass CL programme was finalised after the expiry of the deadline for withdrawing police cases and transfer orders against employee leaders.
However, 2,500 employees of the New Sachivalaya Association and about 2 lakh probationers are not taking part in the strike.
It is for the first time in the recent history of Gujarat that such a show of strength is being displayed by different employee and officers associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why