Eight lakh Gujarat govt staffers on mass CL
Gandhinagar: Seeking implementation of sixth pay commission recommendations, nearly eight lakh Gujarat government employees will take mass casual leave on Thursday.
Organised by the Gujarat Rajya Karmachari Samiti, the mass CL programme was finalised after the expiry of the deadline for withdrawing police cases and transfer orders against employee leaders.
However, 2,500 employees of the New Sachivalaya Association and about 2 lakh probationers are not taking part in the strike.
It is for the first time in the recent history of Gujarat that such a show of strength is being displayed by different employee and officers associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?