Eight men gangraped married woman in Gujarat
Bharuch: A 26-year-old married woman was allegedly gangraped by eight men at Bharuch district three times over a period of two months, police said.
The woman, a resident of Halod village in Jhagadia taluka, lodged a complaint at the Jhagadia police station of Bharuch district today against the eight men.
She said that two months ago, a person named Iqbal Tractorwala offered her lift on her bike when she was walking towards a nearby village. Since she knew him, she accepted his offer. Iqbal, however, took her to a secluded place near Rajpardi village and raped her, and threatened her of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody.
Two weeks ago, Iqbal`s brother Abran and five of his friends took advantage of her silence and allegedly gangraped her outside her village.
In her complaint, she claimed that all of them threatened her to keep silent, or else they would kill her children.
Six accused and one more person - Ashraf - gangraped her once again one week ago near Rajpardi village.
"Finally, she narrated the incident to her husband and approached us today. After primary investigation, we found substance in what she alleged. So we lodged a complaint of rape and criminal intimidation against these eight men and launched a probe into the matter," Jhagadia police inspector B R Baria said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’