Elderly couple killed in road mishap
Thane: An elderly couple from Navsari in Gujarat was killed and one person injured when their car collided with a tanker at Manor here, police said on Friday.
The mishap took place in the wee hours yesterday on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway in Thane district when the couple`s car was hit by a tanker coming from the opposite direction near Shalimar hotel at Manor, they said.
The deceased were identified as - Lallubhai Himmatdas Patel (79) and his wife as Jasubai Lallubai Patel (74).
Ramchandra Patel (45), who was on the wheels, sustained injuries in the mishap. He rushed to the Valiv police station to register the offence but the police refused to accept the complaint stating that it was not in their jurisdiction.
Finally, the complaint was lodged with the Manor police station shortly before midnight last night after about 19 hours of the accident, police said.
A manhunt has been launched for the absconding tanker driver and offences have been registered against him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal