Elderly couple killed in road mishap
Thane: An elderly couple from Navsari in Gujarat was killed and one person injured when their car collided with a tanker at Manor here, police said on Friday.
The mishap took place in the wee hours yesterday on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway in Thane district when the couple`s car was hit by a tanker coming from the opposite direction near Shalimar hotel at Manor, they said.
The deceased were identified as - Lallubhai Himmatdas Patel (79) and his wife as Jasubai Lallubai Patel (74).
Ramchandra Patel (45), who was on the wheels, sustained injuries in the mishap. He rushed to the Valiv police station to register the offence but the police refused to accept the complaint stating that it was not in their jurisdiction.
Finally, the complaint was lodged with the Manor police station shortly before midnight last night after about 19 hours of the accident, police said.
A manhunt has been launched for the absconding tanker driver and offences have been registered against him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says