Elderly couple killed in road mishap
Thane: An elderly couple from Navsari in Gujarat was killed and one person injured when their car collided with a tanker at Manor here, police said on Friday.
The mishap took place in the wee hours yesterday on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway in Thane district when the couple`s car was hit by a tanker coming from the opposite direction near Shalimar hotel at Manor, they said.
The deceased were identified as - Lallubhai Himmatdas Patel (79) and his wife as Jasubai Lallubai Patel (74).
Ramchandra Patel (45), who was on the wheels, sustained injuries in the mishap. He rushed to the Valiv police station to register the offence but the police refused to accept the complaint stating that it was not in their jurisdiction.
Finally, the complaint was lodged with the Manor police station shortly before midnight last night after about 19 hours of the accident, police said.
A manhunt has been launched for the absconding tanker driver and offences have been registered against him, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP