Engineering students continue to dominate IIM-A`s new batch
Ahmedabad: Students from engineering background continued to dominate the flagship Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) in the new batch, IIM officials said on Saturday.
Out of 381 candidates enrolled in the 2012-14 batch, the number of engineers joining the institute`s PGP programme stood at 364, around 95.54 per cent of the batch, they said.
The candidates for the IIM-A PGP-2012-13 programme (for those with ten years of experience) who are married and those having children stood at 76.47 per cent and 47.06 per cent respectively, they said.
In view of changing trends, the B-school has announced a slew of new elective courses (EC) to be offered in 2012-13.
It will offer EC on real estate management, sports marketing, coaching counselling skills for team and leadership effectiveness (CASTLE), media investment management, marketing management in the world of high technology and innovation, amongst others, a press note released by the institute said.
The total management development programmes to be offered in 2012-13 are 53, an official said.
IIM-A, as part of the Global Executive Programme has also introduced `BRICSs on BRICs` programme, in partnership with three top league B-schools in Brazil, Russia and China.
Meanwhile, the institute`s special issue of Vikalpa would look at global economic slowdown in backdrop of US Economist Nouriel Roubini`s gloomy predictions for 2013.
"We will come out with a special issue of Vikalpa, which will look at the global economic scenario, European situation, the slowdown in US, China, India.... In the backdrop of Nouriel Roubini`s gloomy predictions for 2013," Director IIM-A Samir Barua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her