Entire BJP behind Narendra Modi: Arun Jaitley
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley on Sunday said that since so many leaders have campaigned in Gujarat, it indicates that the entire BJP is behind Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
"Many BJP leaders are going to address rallies. This is a indication that the entire party is standing behind Gujarat BJP and Narendrabhai. We are here to give our party a historic victory," Jaitley said.
BJP has organised 87 public rallies in the state today and tomorrow in which leaders will campaign for phase one of the poll.
However, though Jaitley is scheduled to address public rallies in Jamnagar district, names of L K Advani and Lok Sabha`s leader of opposition Sushma Swaraj are missing.
Replying to a question about rebellion within the party by former chief minster Keshubhai Patel who has fielded candidates from all constituencies during the first phase, and another MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria fighting under the banner of Sadbhavna Manch, Jaitley said, "People will not accept those leaders who have left our party".
"People left BJP not because of ideological differences, but due to personal differences. Those who left the party have regretted their decision. How they will affect us will be clear on the day of result," Jaitley said.
"The Congress does not have any leader to match the calibre of chief minister Narendra Modi and that is the reason they are targeting him. I believe that Modi is one leader whose stature has increased due to this systematic targeting," he said.
On the issue of Modi being prime ministerial candidate for 2014 elections, Jaitley said, "His stature has increased at the national level, but the party will take a decision at an appropriate time on how to use him in future".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata