Entire BJP behind Narendra Modi: Arun Jaitley
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley on Sunday said that since so many leaders have campaigned in Gujarat, it indicates that the entire BJP is behind Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
"Many BJP leaders are going to address rallies. This is a indication that the entire party is standing behind Gujarat BJP and Narendrabhai. We are here to give our party a historic victory," Jaitley said.
BJP has organised 87 public rallies in the state today and tomorrow in which leaders will campaign for phase one of the poll.
However, though Jaitley is scheduled to address public rallies in Jamnagar district, names of L K Advani and Lok Sabha`s leader of opposition Sushma Swaraj are missing.
Replying to a question about rebellion within the party by former chief minster Keshubhai Patel who has fielded candidates from all constituencies during the first phase, and another MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria fighting under the banner of Sadbhavna Manch, Jaitley said, "People will not accept those leaders who have left our party".
"People left BJP not because of ideological differences, but due to personal differences. Those who left the party have regretted their decision. How they will affect us will be clear on the day of result," Jaitley said.
"The Congress does not have any leader to match the calibre of chief minister Narendra Modi and that is the reason they are targeting him. I believe that Modi is one leader whose stature has increased due to this systematic targeting," he said.
On the issue of Modi being prime ministerial candidate for 2014 elections, Jaitley said, "His stature has increased at the national level, but the party will take a decision at an appropriate time on how to use him in future".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit