Everybody must respect Godhra verdict: Prosecutor
Ahmedabad: Saying he was satisfied, special public prosecutor JM Panchal on Tuesday asked everyone to respect the judgment of a fast track court that convicted 31 people and acquitted 63 in the 2002 Godhra train carnage case.
"It is a judicial verdict and everybody must respect it," he said.
Additional Sessions Judge PR Patel on Tuesday convicted 31 people, accused of hatching a conspiracy that killed 59 people, mostly `kar sevaks` returning from Ayodhya, while they were travelling in S6 coach of Sabarmati Express on February 27, 2002.
The incident, which was labelled as a conspiracy, triggered state-wide communal violence in which over 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read