Ex-aide submits docs to riot panel against Teesta
Ahmedabad: Rais Khan, former aide of social activist Teesta Setalvad, has told the Nanavati Commission that he had recorded conversation involving Teesta that could prove that she had fabricated affidavits in the name of 2002 post-Godhra riot victims.
In a letter written to the Commission yesterday, Khan has
attached script of the conversation he had recorded.
The conversation involved former DGP R B Sreekumar,
brother-in-law of Zakia Jaffery Safdar Ankleshwariya, an eye
witness in the 2002 Gulburg society riot case Firoz Khan
Pathan and close confident of Setalvad, Saiyeed Khan Pathan.
"On perusal of these conversation it is proved beyond
doubt that affidavits were fabricated, witnesses were tutored
and false cases were got filed by Teesta Setalvad with
ulterior motive," Khan said in his letter to the riot panel.
Khan has requested the Commission to take necessary action
on his submission in the `interest of justice`.
Setalvad was made an accused in the case of fabricating
affidavits in the name of 2002 riot victims after Khan, who is
also an accused in the case, gave a statement against her.
She has however obtained anticipatory bail from a local
court here and later filed a petition in the Supreme Court
which has stayed proceedings in the case.
After the post-Godhra riots, Khan had worked as
coordinator with NGO Centre for Justice and Peace (CJP),
headed by Setalvad from February 28, 2002 to January 18, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics