Ex-aide submits docs to riot panel against Teesta
Ahmedabad: Rais Khan, former aide of social activist Teesta Setalvad, has told the Nanavati Commission that he had recorded conversation involving Teesta that could prove that she had fabricated affidavits in the name of 2002 post-Godhra riot victims.
In a letter written to the Commission yesterday, Khan has
attached script of the conversation he had recorded.
The conversation involved former DGP R B Sreekumar,
brother-in-law of Zakia Jaffery Safdar Ankleshwariya, an eye
witness in the 2002 Gulburg society riot case Firoz Khan
Pathan and close confident of Setalvad, Saiyeed Khan Pathan.
"On perusal of these conversation it is proved beyond
doubt that affidavits were fabricated, witnesses were tutored
and false cases were got filed by Teesta Setalvad with
ulterior motive," Khan said in his letter to the riot panel.
Khan has requested the Commission to take necessary action
on his submission in the `interest of justice`.
Setalvad was made an accused in the case of fabricating
affidavits in the name of 2002 riot victims after Khan, who is
also an accused in the case, gave a statement against her.
She has however obtained anticipatory bail from a local
court here and later filed a petition in the Supreme Court
which has stayed proceedings in the case.
After the post-Godhra riots, Khan had worked as
coordinator with NGO Centre for Justice and Peace (CJP),
headed by Setalvad from February 28, 2002 to January 18, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey