Ex-aide submits docs to riot panel against Teesta
Ahmedabad: Rais Khan, former aide of social activist Teesta Setalvad, has told the Nanavati Commission that he had recorded conversation involving Teesta that could prove that she had fabricated affidavits in the name of 2002 post-Godhra riot victims.
In a letter written to the Commission yesterday, Khan has
attached script of the conversation he had recorded.
The conversation involved former DGP R B Sreekumar,
brother-in-law of Zakia Jaffery Safdar Ankleshwariya, an eye
witness in the 2002 Gulburg society riot case Firoz Khan
Pathan and close confident of Setalvad, Saiyeed Khan Pathan.
"On perusal of these conversation it is proved beyond
doubt that affidavits were fabricated, witnesses were tutored
and false cases were got filed by Teesta Setalvad with
ulterior motive," Khan said in his letter to the riot panel.
Khan has requested the Commission to take necessary action
on his submission in the `interest of justice`.
Setalvad was made an accused in the case of fabricating
affidavits in the name of 2002 riot victims after Khan, who is
also an accused in the case, gave a statement against her.
She has however obtained anticipatory bail from a local
court here and later filed a petition in the Supreme Court
which has stayed proceedings in the case.
After the post-Godhra riots, Khan had worked as
coordinator with NGO Centre for Justice and Peace (CJP),
headed by Setalvad from February 28, 2002 to January 18, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’