Ex-BJP MP Anant Dave passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Anant Dave on Sunday passed away in Kutch after a battle with cancer, family sources said.
He was 74.
Dave was unanimously selected as BJP`s Rajya Sabha member for two successive terms (1990-2002).
He was also appointed as the chairman of Narmada Jal Sichai Nigam, a state government unit, by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Sad to hear about demise of party colleague Anantbhai Dave, who played a key role in the development of Kutch. May his soul rest in peace," Modi tweeted.
BJP national vice-president Purushottam Rupala and state unit president R C Faldu also expressed grief at the death of the leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'