Ex-BJP MP Anant Dave passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Anant Dave on Sunday passed away in Kutch after a battle with cancer, family sources said.
He was 74.
Dave was unanimously selected as BJP`s Rajya Sabha member for two successive terms (1990-2002).
He was also appointed as the chairman of Narmada Jal Sichai Nigam, a state government unit, by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Sad to hear about demise of party colleague Anantbhai Dave, who played a key role in the development of Kutch. May his soul rest in peace," Modi tweeted.
BJP national vice-president Purushottam Rupala and state unit president R C Faldu also expressed grief at the death of the leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere