Ex-BJP MP Anant Dave passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Anant Dave on Sunday passed away in Kutch after a battle with cancer, family sources said.
He was 74.
Dave was unanimously selected as BJP`s Rajya Sabha member for two successive terms (1990-2002).
He was also appointed as the chairman of Narmada Jal Sichai Nigam, a state government unit, by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Sad to hear about demise of party colleague Anantbhai Dave, who played a key role in the development of Kutch. May his soul rest in peace," Modi tweeted.
BJP national vice-president Purushottam Rupala and state unit president R C Faldu also expressed grief at the death of the leader.
- Diesel, petrol cabs go off roads in Delhi, owners warn of suicides
- Lawsuit filed over Facebook's plan to issue new Class C stock
- Four-year-old boy rescued from borewell dies on way to Pune hospital in Maharashtra
- Aam Aadmi Party appoints Naveen Jaihind as Haryana convener
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand