Fake documents racket busted, 4 held
Vadodara: With the arrest of four persons
on Friday police claimed to have busted a fake documents racket
One Tusharkumar Chimanbhai Modi has been identified as
the mastermind behind the racket. He ran a visa consultancy
firm `The World Employment` from an office located in the
city, city police commissioner Satish Sharma said while
talking to reporters here today.
The accused has been in the business of providing
bogus visa and passports, marksheets, marriage certificates,
voters` identity cards, electricity bills, among others, since
2010, he said.
"The mastermind behind this scam- Modi has confessed
sending 33 persons to Australia, Canada, Malaysia and other
countries on the basis of fake documents," Sharma said.
Police have recovered 8 driving licenses, scanned
visas, 11 passports, 19 marksheets, 2 voter identity cards, 5
degree certificates and school-leaving certificates, marriage
certificate, electricity bills, a computer, 2 cpu, 1 scanner,
1 printer, 2 mobile phones from the accused.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives