Families in Guj find it difficult to fit into BPL norms: Patel
Ahmedabad: At a time when Gujarat ranks
sixth in Human Development Index report, State Industry
Minister Saurabh Patel said families from Gujarat find it
difficult to fit into norms for Below Poverty Line (BPL)
defined by the Centre.
"When Centre makes norms for BPL families it is very
difficult for the family from Gujarat to fit in because one of
the basic norm for a BPL family is that he should not have a
fan," State Industry Minister Saurabh Patel said.
He was addressing a gathering at an event organised to
mark opening of sub-regional office of EEPC India, here.
"To increase the yield of milk, people in Gujarat have
fans in cattle sheds because they see fan produces coolness
that increases milk production," Patel said.
"You go to a village and you will find every house has
a TV. We dont have to give sops of free TVs, it is natural
because the growth in economy has led to buying," he said.
"In a small village the person is buying 2,3 and 4
wheelers and the quantum of vehicles in the state has increase
more in the rural sector than in the urban sector, this is
inclusive growth," Patel said.
However, figures of first Human Development Report of
Gujarat titled-Gujarat Human Development Report-2004-shows
that state lacks in all round development.
It said the state has to further re-orient its
development process to ensure that its economic growth
improves the opportunities in the lives of all socio-economic
groups in the state.
The report also recommends to strengthen the linkage
between economic growth and human development. Gujarat ranked
6th in HDI in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3