Farmers slam scrapping of trip to Gujarat
Hubli: The farmers’ fraternity in the state is irate over cancelations of farmers’ participation in ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ that will be held on September 9 and 10 in Ahmedabad.
Responding to State agriculture minister Krishna Byre Gowda’s explanation that the tour was called off due to the absence of impact assessment of such tours as reason for the cancellation, Mahesh Mittalkod, a farmer who visited Israel in 2009, said the government never asked feedback from farmers.
“When I intended to narrate my success story, the response was weak from other end,” said Mittalkod.
Anand Reddy of Dambarahalli village in Koppal district, who is attending the Gujarat at the invitation of officials of that state, said he would report the impact to the Karnataka government. “Farmers never treat such events as a picnic, but an opportunity to learn,” he said.
State sugarcane growers’ association president Kurubur Shantakumar described as “unpardonable” the cancellation of the trip at the last moment.
DNA/ Sangamesh Menasinakai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says