Farmers slam scrapping of trip to Gujarat
Hubli: The farmers’ fraternity in the state is irate over cancelations of farmers’ participation in ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ that will be held on September 9 and 10 in Ahmedabad.
Responding to State agriculture minister Krishna Byre Gowda’s explanation that the tour was called off due to the absence of impact assessment of such tours as reason for the cancellation, Mahesh Mittalkod, a farmer who visited Israel in 2009, said the government never asked feedback from farmers.
“When I intended to narrate my success story, the response was weak from other end,” said Mittalkod.
Anand Reddy of Dambarahalli village in Koppal district, who is attending the Gujarat at the invitation of officials of that state, said he would report the impact to the Karnataka government. “Farmers never treat such events as a picnic, but an opportunity to learn,” he said.
State sugarcane growers’ association president Kurubur Shantakumar described as “unpardonable” the cancellation of the trip at the last moment.
DNA/ Sangamesh Menasinakai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video