Farmers slam scrapping of trip to Gujarat
Hubli: The farmers’ fraternity in the state is irate over cancelations of farmers’ participation in ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ that will be held on September 9 and 10 in Ahmedabad.
Responding to State agriculture minister Krishna Byre Gowda’s explanation that the tour was called off due to the absence of impact assessment of such tours as reason for the cancellation, Mahesh Mittalkod, a farmer who visited Israel in 2009, said the government never asked feedback from farmers.
“When I intended to narrate my success story, the response was weak from other end,” said Mittalkod.
Anand Reddy of Dambarahalli village in Koppal district, who is attending the Gujarat at the invitation of officials of that state, said he would report the impact to the Karnataka government. “Farmers never treat such events as a picnic, but an opportunity to learn,” he said.
State sugarcane growers’ association president Kurubur Shantakumar described as “unpardonable” the cancellation of the trip at the last moment.
DNA/ Sangamesh Menasinakai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?