Farmers slam scrapping of trip to Gujarat
Hubli: The farmers’ fraternity in the state is irate over cancelations of farmers’ participation in ‘Vibrant Gujarat’ that will be held on September 9 and 10 in Ahmedabad.
Responding to State agriculture minister Krishna Byre Gowda’s explanation that the tour was called off due to the absence of impact assessment of such tours as reason for the cancellation, Mahesh Mittalkod, a farmer who visited Israel in 2009, said the government never asked feedback from farmers.
“When I intended to narrate my success story, the response was weak from other end,” said Mittalkod.
Anand Reddy of Dambarahalli village in Koppal district, who is attending the Gujarat at the invitation of officials of that state, said he would report the impact to the Karnataka government. “Farmers never treat such events as a picnic, but an opportunity to learn,” he said.
State sugarcane growers’ association president Kurubur Shantakumar described as “unpardonable” the cancellation of the trip at the last moment.
DNA/ Sangamesh Menasinakai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried