Fatal collision of two vehicles kills six and leaves 11 injured in Gujarat
Anand: Six people were killed and eleven were injured after a jeep carrying labourers collided with a truck in Gujarat`s Anand District.
Three of the accident victims are said to be in a critical state in a local hospital. The dead included three women and three children.
After the preliminary investigation at the accident site, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Anand, M.K. Parmar, said, " A truck and a jeep collided . The labourers were from Madhya Pradesh. Six dead bodies have been recovered from the site. The 11 injured have been immediately transferred to Baroda hospital. Three or four of them who have received minor injuries have been sent to a nearby hospital."
Road accidents are common in India, where roads are often of poor quality. Transport officials attribute a large number of accidents in India to reckless driving and untrained drivers.
India`s roads are among the world`s most dangerous, claiming thousands of lives each year. Enforcing road safety measures remains a huge problem, leading to one road accident every minute and a road accident death every four minutes in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest