Fine on petitioner seeking Gujarat Guv recall
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday
rejected a PIL seeking recall of Governor Kamla and imposed a
fine of Rs 25,000 on the petitioner.
A Division Bench of Chief justices A L Dave and J B
Pardiwala noted that the PIL, filed by Lucknow-based advocate
Asok Pande, lacked basic requirements of a public interest.
The Bench observed it didn`t know "if it was a personal
interest litigation or a political interest litigation, but it
surely did not seem to be a public interest litigation".
The court imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Pande and
directed him to deposit the amount within four weeks with the
Gujarat State Legal Service Authority (GSLSA).
During the hearing on the PIL last week, the court had
asked Pande to explain what was the public interest in his
litigation and how the appointment of Governor was
unconstitutional as alleged in his PIL.
Questioning the PIL`s maintainability, the court had
told Pande that it was not clear in the petition whether he
wanted to recall the Governor or was raising objections on her
Pande had filed the PIL early this month seeking recall of
Gujarat Governor alleging that due process of law was not
followed in her appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?