Fine on petitioner seeking Gujarat Guv recall
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday
rejected a PIL seeking recall of Governor Kamla and imposed a
fine of Rs 25,000 on the petitioner.
A Division Bench of Chief justices A L Dave and J B
Pardiwala noted that the PIL, filed by Lucknow-based advocate
Asok Pande, lacked basic requirements of a public interest.
The Bench observed it didn`t know "if it was a personal
interest litigation or a political interest litigation, but it
surely did not seem to be a public interest litigation".
The court imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Pande and
directed him to deposit the amount within four weeks with the
Gujarat State Legal Service Authority (GSLSA).
During the hearing on the PIL last week, the court had
asked Pande to explain what was the public interest in his
litigation and how the appointment of Governor was
unconstitutional as alleged in his PIL.
Questioning the PIL`s maintainability, the court had
told Pande that it was not clear in the petition whether he
wanted to recall the Governor or was raising objections on her
Pande had filed the PIL early this month seeking recall of
Gujarat Governor alleging that due process of law was not
followed in her appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!