Fine on petitioner seeking Gujarat Guv recall
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday
rejected a PIL seeking recall of Governor Kamla and imposed a
fine of Rs 25,000 on the petitioner.
A Division Bench of Chief justices A L Dave and J B
Pardiwala noted that the PIL, filed by Lucknow-based advocate
Asok Pande, lacked basic requirements of a public interest.
The Bench observed it didn`t know "if it was a personal
interest litigation or a political interest litigation, but it
surely did not seem to be a public interest litigation".
The court imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Pande and
directed him to deposit the amount within four weeks with the
Gujarat State Legal Service Authority (GSLSA).
During the hearing on the PIL last week, the court had
asked Pande to explain what was the public interest in his
litigation and how the appointment of Governor was
unconstitutional as alleged in his PIL.
Questioning the PIL`s maintainability, the court had
told Pande that it was not clear in the petition whether he
wanted to recall the Governor or was raising objections on her
Pande had filed the PIL early this month seeking recall of
Gujarat Governor alleging that due process of law was not
followed in her appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview