FIR against Arvind Kejriwal, AAP supporters in Gujarat
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: In more trouble for Arvind Kejriwal, a FIR has been filed against the ex-Delhi chief minister him and Aam Aadmi Party supporters for not paying toll tax during Gujarat visit.
Gujarat government on Wednesday accused Kejriwal and other party members of not paying the road toll at three places during his tour of the state to verify development claims of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Last week, Kejriwal, who toured Gujarat for almost three days and said that Modi`s development claims are not true and there is a lot of corruption in the state.
He also raised questions on the issue of corrupt ministers being included in the Modi government. Naming Babu Bokhiria and Purshottam Solanki, the AAP leader questioned Modi on giving Cabinet berths to minister, who have been convicted in mining scam and fisheries scam respectively.
The FIR comes after Maharashtra police yesterday registered cases against AAP leaders for unlawful Assembly outside the airport and violating other laws.
According to police, hundreds of AAP supporters thronged the airport to welcome and receive Kejriwal in violation of the prohibitory orders enforced in that area.
They were accused of flouting the norms of not carrying more than three passengers as over-enthusiastic AAP activists were seen hanging onto the dozen-odd autorickshaws and subsequently creating traffic jams outside Andheri station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes