FIR against Arvind Kejriwal, AAP supporters in Gujarat
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: In more trouble for Arvind Kejriwal, a FIR has been filed against the ex-Delhi chief minister him and Aam Aadmi Party supporters for not paying toll tax during Gujarat visit.
Gujarat government on Wednesday accused Kejriwal and other party members of not paying the road toll at three places during his tour of the state to verify development claims of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Last week, Kejriwal, who toured Gujarat for almost three days and said that Modi`s development claims are not true and there is a lot of corruption in the state.
He also raised questions on the issue of corrupt ministers being included in the Modi government. Naming Babu Bokhiria and Purshottam Solanki, the AAP leader questioned Modi on giving Cabinet berths to minister, who have been convicted in mining scam and fisheries scam respectively.
The FIR comes after Maharashtra police yesterday registered cases against AAP leaders for unlawful Assembly outside the airport and violating other laws.
According to police, hundreds of AAP supporters thronged the airport to welcome and receive Kejriwal in violation of the prohibitory orders enforced in that area.
They were accused of flouting the norms of not carrying more than three passengers as over-enthusiastic AAP activists were seen hanging onto the dozen-odd autorickshaws and subsequently creating traffic jams outside Andheri station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka