FIR against BJP MP for slapping doctor on duty
Amreli (Guj): An FIR has been lodged against Naran Kachadiya, a BJP MP from Amreli, for allegedly slapping a government doctor on duty and threatening to kill him, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place this morning at Amreli Civil Hospital here, where one of the relatives of Kachadiya is undergoing treatment, they said.
The victim, identified as Dr Bhimji Dabhi has lodged the FIR against the MP.
"A relative of Kachadiya is being treated at the trauma centre of the Civil Hospital here. After tending to the MP`s relative, Dr Dabhi went to attend an emergency case," police said.
Since he was busy with the new patient, Dabhi declined to attend the MP`s phone call stating that he was on duty, they added.
Angered by this, Kachadiya soon came to the hospital along with his 15 followers and slapped the doctor, police said, adding that he also gave him life threats.
However, when contacted, Kachadiya claimed that he neither slapped the doctor nor threatened him.
"There was a verbal altercation between me and the doctor, but allegations that I slapped him are false and I have neither given any threats to him," Kachadiya said over phone.
The MP alleged that the doctors at the civil hospital were not giving proper medical treatment to poor patients.
"Poor people come to the Civil Hospital for treatment. However, people complained to me that doctors are not treating patients from 9 am to 2 pm," he said.
"When one of the women patients called me on my phone, I asked her to give the phone to doctor, who refused to talk saying he did not want to talk to any MLA or MP. I told the patient that I would reach the hospital in five minutes," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Antrix-Devas deal: India to appeal against Hague tribunal's verdict
- Development initiatives got huge setback in J&K: Mehbooba
- The answer to past earthquakes lies with the ancient Himalayan temples!
- No separate guidelines for defence PSUs on JVs: Govt
- Arvind Kejriwal says PM Narendra Modi can even get him killed; now, BJP's reaction is interesting - READ