FIR against BJP MP for slapping doctor on duty
Amreli (Guj): An FIR has been lodged against Naran Kachadiya, a BJP MP from Amreli, for allegedly slapping a government doctor on duty and threatening to kill him, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place this morning at Amreli Civil Hospital here, where one of the relatives of Kachadiya is undergoing treatment, they said.
The victim, identified as Dr Bhimji Dabhi has lodged the FIR against the MP.
"A relative of Kachadiya is being treated at the trauma centre of the Civil Hospital here. After tending to the MP`s relative, Dr Dabhi went to attend an emergency case," police said.
Since he was busy with the new patient, Dabhi declined to attend the MP`s phone call stating that he was on duty, they added.
Angered by this, Kachadiya soon came to the hospital along with his 15 followers and slapped the doctor, police said, adding that he also gave him life threats.
However, when contacted, Kachadiya claimed that he neither slapped the doctor nor threatened him.
"There was a verbal altercation between me and the doctor, but allegations that I slapped him are false and I have neither given any threats to him," Kachadiya said over phone.
The MP alleged that the doctors at the civil hospital were not giving proper medical treatment to poor patients.
"Poor people come to the Civil Hospital for treatment. However, people complained to me that doctors are not treating patients from 9 am to 2 pm," he said.
"When one of the women patients called me on my phone, I asked her to give the phone to doctor, who refused to talk saying he did not want to talk to any MLA or MP. I told the patient that I would reach the hospital in five minutes," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark