Fire at BSNL office turns 20,000 phone connections
Ahmedabad: Over 20,000 BSNL landline phone connections turned non-functional following a fire in the Navrangpura Telephone Exchange here Wednesday, officials said.
The fire broke out due to short-circuit on the third floor of the BSNL office located in Navrangpura area this morning, where a call center and telephone exchange were operational, they said, adding that there was no casualty in the incident.
The Chief General Manager of BSNL (Gujarat circle) also has office on the seventh floor of the same building.
According to fire officials, the entire call center and the exchange room were engulfed in fire, which was doused within a couple of hours.
BSNL officials said that over 20,000 landline phone connections were affected due to the fire incident. Most of the connections turned dead, they said.
Technicians were trying to restore the electricity connection in the building they said, adding that the landline connections would be restored at the earliest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?