Fire at BSNL office turns 20,000 phone connections
Ahmedabad: Over 20,000 BSNL landline phone connections turned non-functional following a fire in the Navrangpura Telephone Exchange here Wednesday, officials said.
The fire broke out due to short-circuit on the third floor of the BSNL office located in Navrangpura area this morning, where a call center and telephone exchange were operational, they said, adding that there was no casualty in the incident.
The Chief General Manager of BSNL (Gujarat circle) also has office on the seventh floor of the same building.
According to fire officials, the entire call center and the exchange room were engulfed in fire, which was doused within a couple of hours.
BSNL officials said that over 20,000 landline phone connections were affected due to the fire incident. Most of the connections turned dead, they said.
Technicians were trying to restore the electricity connection in the building they said, adding that the landline connections would be restored at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman