Fire breaks out near ONGC gas station in Kalol
Ahmedabad: Fire broke out near gas
collection station (GCS) of ONGC at Kalol near here yesterday
following leakage, officials said.
"A fire broke out near a GCS in Kalol when one of the
joints connecting a pipeline to the station leaked yesterday.
Gas is collected at the station from a dozen wells here," an
ONGC official said adding that no one sustained injuries in
"Gas is supplied directly to private consumers from
here," he said adding that supply had to be shut down
"Due to promptness of the staff, fire was quickly
brought under control and gas supply to the private operators
will be restored soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31