Fire engulfs Indian Oil plant in Surat, no casualties reported
Surat: A major fire broke out at a plant of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) in Surat on Saturday.
No causalties are reported and no one was injured in the fire.
Talking to reporters, Assistant Commissioner of Police, AR Munshi said that the situation was brought under control as fire tenders rushed to site to douse the raging inferno.
“We received the information half an hour ago that a tank at one of the plants of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has caught fire. Following the guidelines of the immediate disaster management, we have begun to douse the fire.
“The main aim is to cool the fire as soon as possible. Fire fighters are at the site and the situation is under control as the fire has been stopped from spreading any further. We would need more fire fighters to douse the fire," said Munshi.
Smoke was billowing from the plant and the locals who were standing outside the plant could see the rising flames.
Fire safety regulations are lax, rarely implemented and not periodically reviewed in most small-scale commercial places, residential areas and firms across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan