Fire engulfs Indian Oil plant in Surat, no casualties reported
Surat: A major fire broke out at a plant of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) in Surat on Saturday.
No causalties are reported and no one was injured in the fire.
Talking to reporters, Assistant Commissioner of Police, AR Munshi said that the situation was brought under control as fire tenders rushed to site to douse the raging inferno.
“We received the information half an hour ago that a tank at one of the plants of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has caught fire. Following the guidelines of the immediate disaster management, we have begun to douse the fire.
“The main aim is to cool the fire as soon as possible. Fire fighters are at the site and the situation is under control as the fire has been stopped from spreading any further. We would need more fire fighters to douse the fire," said Munshi.
Smoke was billowing from the plant and the locals who were standing outside the plant could see the rising flames.
Fire safety regulations are lax, rarely implemented and not periodically reviewed in most small-scale commercial places, residential areas and firms across India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India