Fire in IIM`s placement office, no injuries
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:03
  
Ahmedabad: A major fire Friday broke out in the placement office of the Indian Institute of Management here, but there were no injuries.

"A fire broke out in the placement office of IIM-A this morning. Short circuit in the AC unit seems to be the cause of the fire. No casualties or injuries were reported. The placement office, which is located in the basement, suffered extensive damage," an official said.

At least 10 computers, as many ACs, four printers, a refrigerator, a coffee machine and other office furniture were damaged in the fire, he said, adding that it took close to three hours for the fire-fighter to douse the flames.

Bodakdev fire station officer M P Mistry said three water tankers and one mini fire-fighter were pressed into service.

The institute said in a statement that the loss caused by the fire is being assessed, and added that this would not affect the summer placement process.

"We do not anticipate adverse impact on the next major placement activity i.e., summer internship placements scheduled during the later half of the year," the statement said.

PTI


First Published: Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:03


comments powered by Disqus