Fisheries scam: CBI inquiry sought against Gujarat minister
Ahmedabad: A petitioner who has accused Gujarat minister Purshottam Solanki of being involved in Rs 400 crore fisheries scam on Saturday filed an application in a local court demanding CBI probe.
Petitioner Ishaq Maradia yesterday filed an application in the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) court of Gandhinagar through his lawyer Mukul Sinha, demanding CBI inquiry into the alleged scam, saying the local police will not be able to investigate the case properly.
The ACB court Special Judge GK Upadhyay has posted the hearing to February 02.
Meanwhile, Gandhinagar SP Sharad Singhal, who was earlier ordered by the court to inquire into the allegations, yesterday sought more time to file the action taken report (ATR) in this regard. However, the court rejected his appeal.
State Governor Kamla Beniwal on July 30, 2012, overruling the state Cabinet led by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, had sanctioned the prosecution of then minister of state (MoS) for Fisheries Purshottam Solanki in the alleged Rs 400 crore fishing contracts scam on the complaint of Maradia.
Solanki is incumbent minister of state for Labour and Employment in the Modi ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video