Fishermen demands financial assistance from Guj govt
Rajkot: Fishermen Association of
Porbander has urged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to
extend financial support to the fishermen whose fishing boats
were seized by Pakistani marine agency after they had strayed
into Pak waters while fishing.
Pakistan Marine Security agency has seized about 490
boats of fishermen from Saurashtra of which nearly 300 boats
belong to fishermen from Porbander, Secretary of National Fish
Forum Manish Lodhari told PTI.
He said that two years back, union government had
devised a scheme for the affected fishermen offering financial
help to them and few fishermen have already received Rs 12
lakh each, Lodhari said urging Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi also to follow the centre`s move.
A boat costs about Rs 28/30 lakh and assistance of Rs
12 lakh given by the centre is not enough. If the state
government also extends similar assistance, fishermen would be
able to build new boats, Lodhari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?