Five arrested for robbery at Ranjitsinhji`s palace in Jamnagar
Rajkot: Five persons have been arrested from
Surendranagar district in connection with burglary at the
palace of Ranjitsinhji Maharaj in Jamnagar, police said on Tuesday.
Several gold and silver items running into huge sums
along with Rs five lakh cash have been recovered from them,
The persons belonging to the Devipujak community were
arrested yesterday during a search operation conducted jointly
by the Surendranagar local crime branch (LCB) and the district
special operations group (SOG).
"The items of diamond, gold and silver recovered from
those arrested run into a huge amount but the exact figure can
be given only after the valuation report comes," Range IG
Manoj Shashidhar told mediapersons here.
"Five members of a local gang operating in Saurashtra
region have been arrested in connection with the robbery at
Ranjitsinhji`s palace," he said.
Shashidhar said that the men were notorious criminals and
had history of similar crimes in various districts of
He said that some of them were also convicts who had
completed their term and were back to same old business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH