Five arrested for robbery at Ranjitsinhji`s palace in Jamnagar
Rajkot: Five persons have been arrested from
Surendranagar district in connection with burglary at the
palace of Ranjitsinhji Maharaj in Jamnagar, police said on Tuesday.
Several gold and silver items running into huge sums
along with Rs five lakh cash have been recovered from them,
The persons belonging to the Devipujak community were
arrested yesterday during a search operation conducted jointly
by the Surendranagar local crime branch (LCB) and the district
special operations group (SOG).
"The items of diamond, gold and silver recovered from
those arrested run into a huge amount but the exact figure can
be given only after the valuation report comes," Range IG
Manoj Shashidhar told mediapersons here.
"Five members of a local gang operating in Saurashtra
region have been arrested in connection with the robbery at
Ranjitsinhji`s palace," he said.
Shashidhar said that the men were notorious criminals and
had history of similar crimes in various districts of
He said that some of them were also convicts who had
completed their term and were back to same old business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015