Five country-made bombs found on Rathyatra eve
Ahmedabad: Five country-made bombs were recovered on Wednesday from a parked vehicle on the eve of Rath yatra, police said.
Taking swift action after getting an anonymous phone call, police recovered low intensity bombs from a cloth bag tied in the back side of a parked tempo in Gomtipur area of the city.
"The State Police Control room received a phone call about the bombs in the wee hours. On reaching there we found two pipe bombs and three other bombs which were of very low intensity," K C Rathod, Police Inspector, Gomtipur police station, said.
"In the wake of tomorrow`s rath yatra city police is on high alert following which a bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot. Bombs were found as country made and of very low intensity," he added.
Though explosives were found just hours before one of the biggest religious procession in the city, police is confident that there is no threat.
"As informer has specifically mentioned two persons whom he alleged to have put these bombs, we are sure that this is a work of personal enmity. There is no threat to tomorrow`s rath yatra," assured Siddharaj Singh Bhati, Joint Commissioner of Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city