Five injured in group clashes in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Five people were injured in clashes that broke out between two groups this morning in Amipur village here over a trivial issue, police said.
"Five persons from Bharwad (pastoral) and Koli Patel community were injured," Ahmedabad (Rural) SP Gagandeep Gambhir said.
"We have also recovered two weapons and sent them to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) to ascertain whether bullets were fired from it or not. We have stationed police force in the village keeping in mind the history of the village," she said.
Amipur in Bavla taluka here had witnessed group clashes four years back.
A boy belonging to one community was grazing cattle in the village when a bike-borne man from another community knocked him down, Gambhir said.
Before the incident could trigger a major quarrel between the two communities, police reacted immediately but by then stone throwing and firing had taken place, a police official said.
A member of one community was allegedly hurt in the firing while the rest were injured in the stone-throwing, police said, adding that members of the other community also claimed that they were injured in the firing.
Police have not rounded up anyone in the case but have asked villagers not to leave the village till investigation was over, Gambhir added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says