Five killed in wall collapse in Mehsana
Mehsana: Five persons, including two women, were killed and two injured as a wall of an old house collapsed at Bhatasan village of Kadi tehsil in the district on Tuesday.
The houseowner, Manubhai Patel, had engaged the labourers for pulling the dilapidate house down as he wanted to build a new one in its place.
According to police, one of its walls caved in this afternoon. "Some of the labourers were having tea with Patel`s family members when the wall collapsed on them," said Kadi police inspector S N Patel.
"Three persons died on the spot while two others succumbed in hospital. Two labourers who are seriously injured were shifted to Ahmedabad civil hospital," the inspector said.
Manubhai`s wife Tara Patel (45), his younger brother Kirti Patel (48), and a labourer called Mafa Thakor(40) died on the spot. Two other laboures, Kanta Thakor (50) and Jayesh Thakor (25), died in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state