Five killed in wall collapse in Mehsana
Mehsana: Five persons, including two women, were killed and two injured as a wall of an old house collapsed at Bhatasan village of Kadi tehsil in the district on Tuesday.
The houseowner, Manubhai Patel, had engaged the labourers for pulling the dilapidate house down as he wanted to build a new one in its place.
According to police, one of its walls caved in this afternoon. "Some of the labourers were having tea with Patel`s family members when the wall collapsed on them," said Kadi police inspector S N Patel.
"Three persons died on the spot while two others succumbed in hospital. Two labourers who are seriously injured were shifted to Ahmedabad civil hospital," the inspector said.
Manubhai`s wife Tara Patel (45), his younger brother Kirti Patel (48), and a labourer called Mafa Thakor(40) died on the spot. Two other laboures, Kanta Thakor (50) and Jayesh Thakor (25), died in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them