Five killed, two injured in Gujarat road accident
Rajkot: Five persons were killed and two seriously injured when the car, in which they were travelling, collided with a truck near Patdi town of Surendranagar district on Thursday morning, police said.
The victims were heading to Ahmedabad from Surendranagar. Three persons were killed on the spot, while two died on the way to hospital, police said.
The deceased were identified as Lalji Darji, Abhaydan Gadhvi, Ranjit Vaghela, Ramdan Gadhvi and Mahesh Gadhvi, all residents of Bopal in Ahmedabad.
They were returning after attending an event in Kutch.
The injured were taken to Ahmedabad civil hospital.
Police said they had lodged a complaint against the truck driver, who fled the spot after the accident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists