Five killed, two injured in Gujarat road accident
Rajkot: Five persons were killed and two seriously injured when the car, in which they were travelling, collided with a truck near Patdi town of Surendranagar district on Thursday morning, police said.
The victims were heading to Ahmedabad from Surendranagar. Three persons were killed on the spot, while two died on the way to hospital, police said.
The deceased were identified as Lalji Darji, Abhaydan Gadhvi, Ranjit Vaghela, Ramdan Gadhvi and Mahesh Gadhvi, all residents of Bopal in Ahmedabad.
They were returning after attending an event in Kutch.
The injured were taken to Ahmedabad civil hospital.
Police said they had lodged a complaint against the truck driver, who fled the spot after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list