Five persons killed in dumper-car collision
Ahmedabad: Five persons were killed this morning when their car collided with a dumper coming from the opposite direction on Mehsana-Radhanpur highway in North Gujarat`s Patan district, police said.
"The accident took place on Mehsana-Radhanpur highway near Harij Dairy between a dumper and a car. Five persons in the car, along with the driver, died on the spot," a Harij police official said.
Patan is 125 km north of Ahmedabad.
Four of the deceased were employees of a private catering company, police said, adding that they were on their way to prepare food for a marriage party nearby.
"The driver of the dumper fled after the mishap. We are tracing him. The vehicles were coming from opposite direction and collided with each other," Harij police sub inspector M S Suthar, who is investigating the accident case, said.
Police identified the deceased driver as Prakash Solanki and the four employees of the private catering company as - Shantilal Balsar of Valsad district, Asif Gamit (Songadh taluka in Tapi district), Nipen Sunil (Murshidabad in West Bengal) and Ravindra Rawat, hailing from Uttarakhand but currently residing in Ahmedabad.
The deceased were in the age category of 30-32 years, police said.
A complaint regarding the accident was lodged by Nawab Patauddin Mohammed, the manager of the private catering company.
"We have called Regional Transport Office (RTO) officials for inspection of the damaged vehicles as to who applied brakes first. Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) will also check the dumper to see whether the driver was carrying any drugs or not. Investigation, currently, is at a preliminary level and it is difficult to tell whose fault is it at this stage," Suthar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured