Five police officials suspended after two undertrials escape
Vadodara: Five police constables were on Friday suspended after two undertrials escaped from their custody near Varnama village on NH-8 here after attacking the driver of the vehicle in which they were being escorted.
Police constable Kailash Tarachand More, Lokrakshaks Sajanbhai Kajambhai, Rajendra Bhupat, Harshad Amra and driver Lala Muna have been suspended, Bharuch DSP G Parmar said.
The policemen were escorting four undertrials in a car yesterday while they were returning to Bharuch after being produced in a local court.
Two undertrials --Brij Bhusan Butu Mithila Das Pande and Santoksingh Amlasihad -- managed to give police a slip after the four attacked the car driver. However, the other two failed in their attempt to escape. Despite being armed with rifles, the constable did not open fire while chasing the escaped undertrials, he said.
Police said all the entry points had been sealed to trace the duo.
All the four were lodged in the central jail at Bharuch, about 90 kms from here. They were brought to a court here in a case of loot registered against them with the police station at Varnama yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional