Five police officials suspended after two undertrials escape
Vadodara: Five police constables were on Friday suspended after two undertrials escaped from their custody near Varnama village on NH-8 here after attacking the driver of the vehicle in which they were being escorted.
Police constable Kailash Tarachand More, Lokrakshaks Sajanbhai Kajambhai, Rajendra Bhupat, Harshad Amra and driver Lala Muna have been suspended, Bharuch DSP G Parmar said.
The policemen were escorting four undertrials in a car yesterday while they were returning to Bharuch after being produced in a local court.
Two undertrials --Brij Bhusan Butu Mithila Das Pande and Santoksingh Amlasihad -- managed to give police a slip after the four attacked the car driver. However, the other two failed in their attempt to escape. Despite being armed with rifles, the constable did not open fire while chasing the escaped undertrials, he said.
Police said all the entry points had been sealed to trace the duo.
All the four were lodged in the central jail at Bharuch, about 90 kms from here. They were brought to a court here in a case of loot registered against them with the police station at Varnama yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test