Five police officials suspended after two undertrials escape
Vadodara: Five police constables were on Friday suspended after two undertrials escaped from their custody near Varnama village on NH-8 here after attacking the driver of the vehicle in which they were being escorted.
Police constable Kailash Tarachand More, Lokrakshaks Sajanbhai Kajambhai, Rajendra Bhupat, Harshad Amra and driver Lala Muna have been suspended, Bharuch DSP G Parmar said.
The policemen were escorting four undertrials in a car yesterday while they were returning to Bharuch after being produced in a local court.
Two undertrials --Brij Bhusan Butu Mithila Das Pande and Santoksingh Amlasihad -- managed to give police a slip after the four attacked the car driver. However, the other two failed in their attempt to escape. Despite being armed with rifles, the constable did not open fire while chasing the escaped undertrials, he said.
Police said all the entry points had been sealed to trace the duo.
All the four were lodged in the central jail at Bharuch, about 90 kms from here. They were brought to a court here in a case of loot registered against them with the police station at Varnama yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gold price hits 2-week low on US rate hike prospects
- Envy at workplace may hamper your productivity
- Sent email to the wrong person? Know how to recall email on Gmail's Undo Send feature
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside