Five police officials suspended after two undertrials escape
Vadodara: Five police constables were on Friday suspended after two undertrials escaped from their custody near Varnama village on NH-8 here after attacking the driver of the vehicle in which they were being escorted.
Police constable Kailash Tarachand More, Lokrakshaks Sajanbhai Kajambhai, Rajendra Bhupat, Harshad Amra and driver Lala Muna have been suspended, Bharuch DSP G Parmar said.
The policemen were escorting four undertrials in a car yesterday while they were returning to Bharuch after being produced in a local court.
Two undertrials --Brij Bhusan Butu Mithila Das Pande and Santoksingh Amlasihad -- managed to give police a slip after the four attacked the car driver. However, the other two failed in their attempt to escape. Despite being armed with rifles, the constable did not open fire while chasing the escaped undertrials, he said.
Police said all the entry points had been sealed to trace the duo.
All the four were lodged in the central jail at Bharuch, about 90 kms from here. They were brought to a court here in a case of loot registered against them with the police station at Varnama yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city