Five-year-old girl raped, murdered in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A 17-year-old boy was on Thursday arrested here for allegedly raping and killing a five-year-old girl from his neighbouring locality, police said.
The incident came to light after the father of the girl, living near Sola bridge area here, approached police when his minor daughter went missing at 10 AM yesterday.
While searching for the girl, police learnt that the victim was last seen with the young boy working as a cleaner with a private bus operator Jain Travels.
According to the complaint, the boy came to his house yesterday and asked for some water following which the girl went missing.
On the basis of suspicion, Sola police caught the boy this morning and interrogated him after which he admitted to have dumped the body of the minor girl in the luggage compartment of a bus, in which he works as a cleaner.
However, the boy denied of having raped the girl.
"We found the girl hidden in the luggage compartment. Her body was tied up with ropes and bore several cut marks near her neck and chest. It seems that the boy has raped her and then killed her to hide his crime," said Sola police inspector SM Patel. The body of the girl has sent for postmortem to ascertain whether she was raped, he said.
"Based on the complaint we have arrested the minor boy on the charges of abduction, rape and murder," said Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price