Flamingo poaching case: 6 sent to police remand
Rajkot: Six persons have been sent to
three-day police remand for allegedly poaching Flamingos in
Maliya Miyana town here, police said on Saturday.
The accused -- Chatur Rathod, Ashok Thakore, Kiren
Thakore, Dhanji Thakore, Sher Mohmmad Miyana and Jumma Karim
-- were produced before a local court in Morbi yesterday which
sent them to police remand, they said.
As many as 64 lesser Flamingos were stated to be poached
by the six on December 29.
Police did not rule out possibility that the birds might
have been killed for the feast of foreign tourists on New Year
celebrations. However, the exact reasons are yet not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you