Flamingo poaching case: 6 sent to police remand
Rajkot: Six persons have been sent to
three-day police remand for allegedly poaching Flamingos in
Maliya Miyana town here, police said on Saturday.
The accused -- Chatur Rathod, Ashok Thakore, Kiren
Thakore, Dhanji Thakore, Sher Mohmmad Miyana and Jumma Karim
-- were produced before a local court in Morbi yesterday which
sent them to police remand, they said.
As many as 64 lesser Flamingos were stated to be poached
by the six on December 29.
Police did not rule out possibility that the birds might
have been killed for the feast of foreign tourists on New Year
celebrations. However, the exact reasons are yet not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import
- India seeks Iraq help in release of abducted Indians