Flamingo poaching case: 6 sent to police remand
Rajkot: Six persons have been sent to
three-day police remand for allegedly poaching Flamingos in
Maliya Miyana town here, police said on Saturday.
The accused -- Chatur Rathod, Ashok Thakore, Kiren
Thakore, Dhanji Thakore, Sher Mohmmad Miyana and Jumma Karim
-- were produced before a local court in Morbi yesterday which
sent them to police remand, they said.
As many as 64 lesser Flamingos were stated to be poached
by the six on December 29.
Police did not rule out possibility that the birds might
have been killed for the feast of foreign tourists on New Year
celebrations. However, the exact reasons are yet not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel