Flamingo poaching case: 6 sent to police remand
Rajkot: Six persons have been sent to
three-day police remand for allegedly poaching Flamingos in
Maliya Miyana town here, police said on Saturday.
The accused -- Chatur Rathod, Ashok Thakore, Kiren
Thakore, Dhanji Thakore, Sher Mohmmad Miyana and Jumma Karim
-- were produced before a local court in Morbi yesterday which
sent them to police remand, they said.
As many as 64 lesser Flamingos were stated to be poached
by the six on December 29.
Police did not rule out possibility that the birds might
have been killed for the feast of foreign tourists on New Year
celebrations. However, the exact reasons are yet not clear.
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression
- Kashmir issue must be resolved under UN resolutions: Pakistan's Aziz
- Notices issued to all those named in Panama Papers: FM Jaitley
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest