Flamingo poaching case: 6 sent to police remand
Rajkot: Six persons have been sent to
three-day police remand for allegedly poaching Flamingos in
Maliya Miyana town here, police said on Saturday.
The accused -- Chatur Rathod, Ashok Thakore, Kiren
Thakore, Dhanji Thakore, Sher Mohmmad Miyana and Jumma Karim
-- were produced before a local court in Morbi yesterday which
sent them to police remand, they said.
As many as 64 lesser Flamingos were stated to be poached
by the six on December 29.
Police did not rule out possibility that the birds might
have been killed for the feast of foreign tourists on New Year
celebrations. However, the exact reasons are yet not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail