Foetuses case: Doctor arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: A gynaecologist was arrested in
connection with recovery of 14 foetuses from a garbage bin in
the city, police said.
Dr Jayanti Patel has been booked on the charge of
unhygienic disposal of bio-medical waste and was being
questioned further, police said.
He had said that while he was cleaning the clinic some
jars containing the specimen foetuses yesterday were damaged
accidentally, they said.
"Post-mortem of the foetuses showed that they were
specimens, as are often kept in medical colleges and clinics,"
Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajaykumar Chaudhary said.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation officials said Patel had
dumped the specimen foetuses after closing his clinic three
weeks ago. The foetuses were found by local residents
yesterday from a nearby garbage bin.
The gender of the foetuses has not been released but
police said they had not ruled out that the case was due to
illegal sex-selective abortion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test