Foetuses case: Doctor arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: A gynaecologist was arrested in
connection with recovery of 14 foetuses from a garbage bin in
the city, police said.
Dr Jayanti Patel has been booked on the charge of
unhygienic disposal of bio-medical waste and was being
questioned further, police said.
He had said that while he was cleaning the clinic some
jars containing the specimen foetuses yesterday were damaged
accidentally, they said.
"Post-mortem of the foetuses showed that they were
specimens, as are often kept in medical colleges and clinics,"
Deputy Commissioner of Police Ajaykumar Chaudhary said.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation officials said Patel had
dumped the specimen foetuses after closing his clinic three
weeks ago. The foetuses were found by local residents
yesterday from a nearby garbage bin.
The gender of the foetuses has not been released but
police said they had not ruled out that the case was due to
illegal sex-selective abortion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!