For Congress money grows on 2G, Coalgate trees: Narendra Modi
Dahod: Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his "money does not grow on trees" statement, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday alleged that for the Congress, 2G scam and Coalgate have become money trees.
"How can a great economist like him try to convince the people in such a language? PMji, people of this country know that money doesn`t grow on trees," he said while addressing a gathering at Vivekanand Youth Convention, held in this tribal city.
"We also know that 2G spectrum is money tree for you, Coalgate is money tree for you. Which other bigger rupee-tree you need other than your dealing in coal?," he asked.
"I am directly alleging that the Congress party has made 2G spectrum and Coalgate, their money tree and its ruining our country," he said.
Singh yesterday in his address to the Nation had made an appeal while explaining the reasons behind the decisions of price hike in diesel and allowing FDI in multi brand retail.
He had said, "Money doesn`t grow on trees. If we had not acted, it would have meant a higher fiscal deficit."
Chief Minister also offered few sops in the form of irrigation project, setting up of an Institute for skill development in roads and building construction and shelters in the city areas for tribals who migrate there for roads and construction works.
"Government will build a 650 km long pipeline of Narmada Canal connecting Vadodara-Panchmahals-Dahod at the cost of Rs 3500 crore, covering 700 villages and this will provide irrigation benefits to land area of more than two lakh acres of this tribal belt," he declared.
Modi further said that in the last 10 years he has worked hard for development of tribal areas in the state and promised to make the area as industrial hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter