For Congress money grows on 2G, Coalgate trees: Narendra Modi
Dahod: Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his "money does not grow on trees" statement, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday alleged that for the Congress, 2G scam and Coalgate have become money trees.
"How can a great economist like him try to convince the people in such a language? PMji, people of this country know that money doesn`t grow on trees," he said while addressing a gathering at Vivekanand Youth Convention, held in this tribal city.
"We also know that 2G spectrum is money tree for you, Coalgate is money tree for you. Which other bigger rupee-tree you need other than your dealing in coal?," he asked.
"I am directly alleging that the Congress party has made 2G spectrum and Coalgate, their money tree and its ruining our country," he said.
Singh yesterday in his address to the Nation had made an appeal while explaining the reasons behind the decisions of price hike in diesel and allowing FDI in multi brand retail.
He had said, "Money doesn`t grow on trees. If we had not acted, it would have meant a higher fiscal deficit."
Chief Minister also offered few sops in the form of irrigation project, setting up of an Institute for skill development in roads and building construction and shelters in the city areas for tribals who migrate there for roads and construction works.
"Government will build a 650 km long pipeline of Narmada Canal connecting Vadodara-Panchmahals-Dahod at the cost of Rs 3500 crore, covering 700 villages and this will provide irrigation benefits to land area of more than two lakh acres of this tribal belt," he declared.
Modi further said that in the last 10 years he has worked hard for development of tribal areas in the state and promised to make the area as industrial hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack