Former Gujarat DGP R B Sreekumar joins AAP
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Director General of Police R B Sreekumar, who has been long waging a legal battle for the 2002 communal riots victims and has taken on Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the process, joined Aam Aadmi Party Thursday.
"R B Sreekumar today officially joined the Aam Aadmi Party and he joins our political fight against corruption," AAP Gujarat convener Sukhdev Patel said.
He said, "Other secular parties are not fulfilling the promises they made to the people. They are not saying anything against the notorious level of corruption that prevails in Gujarat.
"People have been requesting Congress to raise the issue of rampant corruption but it remained inactive," he said.
"Last week when Arvind Kejriwal visited the state and exposed the corruption in the state, I saw a `suryodaya` (sunrise)," he said. "I am seeing a sunrise in the darkness of corruption. This is the reason for joining AAP."
When asked if he would contest election if the party offered him a ticket, he dodged the question. "When we reach the bridge, we will decide whether to cross it," Sreekumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice