Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah named in Tulsi Prajapati chargesheet
Ahmedabad/Danta: Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah, a close aide of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, was among 20 people named by the CBI in its charge sheet in the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case for allegedly entering into criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
Former state police chief PC Pande, IPS officers OP Mathur, DG Vanzara and Geetha Johri and Dy SP RK Patel were also also named in the charge sheet submitted in the court of judicial magistrate DR Joshi at Danta in Banaskantha district.
The three senior IPS officers named in the chargesheet included two who retired.
The chargesheet, however, was not taken on record by the court due to question of jurisdiction.
The court will decide in the matter after conducting hearing next Monday
Prajapati, an eye witness in the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was killed in fake encounter allegedly by Gujarat police at Chhapri, in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3