Former minister Bimal Shah, Congress` Bhavesh Lakhani join BJP
Gandhinagar: Former Gujarat Transport Minister Bimal Shah, who had left BJP before the 2012 Assembly elections, on Friday rejoined the party with his supporters.
State Congress secretary Bhavesh Lakhani also joined BJP at a function at the party headquarters here.
Shah, former minister of state for transport, had left BJP ahead of 2012 Assembly elections and fought as independent from his home turf, Kapadvanj.
However, he lost and stayed away from politics for a while, without joining any party.
Lakhani, a prominent lawyer and the son of former Gujarat Assembly speaker Shashikant Lakhani, too joined BJP with hundreds of his supporters.
State BJP president R C Faldu welcomed them into the party fold at the function, in the presence of cabinet ministers Babu Bokhiria and Bhupendrasinh Chudasama.
"Narendra Modi has emerged as the next Prime Minister of India. Everyone is joining BJP to help him become the PM. I welcome both of them in the party," said Faldu.
Defending his return, Shah said he had quit out of anger.
"I took that decision with a heavy heart. I never joined any other party after I left," he said.
Lakhani claimed he did not set any conditions for joining such as election ticket. "I was with Congress for 18 years. I am not leaving that party due to any injustice to me, but I am joining BJP to realise Modi`s vision of growth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you