Former Union Minister`s brother booked in forgery charge
Rajkot: A complaint has been filed against
former Union Industry Minister Vallabh Kathiriya`s brother
Chhagan and three others for trying to enchash a huge amount
through a fake cheque, police said here on Thursday.
The complaint was filed by ICICI`s manager Nirav Shah
against Chhagan Kathiriya, Joseph Rozario, Sanjay Mondka and
Himanshu Pandya for trying to encash Rs 25 cr through a bogus
The incident came to light on December 30 last year when
the bank received a cheque of Rs 25 crore to be deposited in a
trust owned by Rozario, police said.
After seeing the cheque, issued by Mumbai-based Tata
Power Trading Company, the bank manager realised that its
paper material was different.
When contacted, Tata Power Trading company denied issuing
any such cheque.
The bank manager summoned Rozario and asked him about the
fake cheque, Rozario said Kathiriya had given him the cheque.
When asked Kathiriya, he told the bank manager that last
month he had gone to Ahmedabad-based Gujarat State Aids
Control Society office where two persons Sanay Mondka and
Himanshu Pandya met him and expressed a desire to donate a
huge amount. Accordingly, he gave Rozario`s bank account
Police have launched hunt to nab all the four who have
yet to be arrested, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today