Four arrested in Rs 6.25 crore Surat loot case
Surat: Four persons, including three women, have been arrested from Mumbai and Vadodara in connection with the Rs 6.25 crore jewellery loot case in Kosamba taluka here, police said on Friday.
Those arrested have been identified as Asho kumar Jain, who is engaged in jewellery business, and Salma Sheikh (both residents of Mumbai, Parvinbibi Pathan and Pinki Pathan (both residents of Vadodara), they added.
Over 20 masked and armed persons entered the KM Choksi Pvt Ltd jewellery store in Tarsadi village and looted over 30 kg gold ornaments, worth about Rs six crore, and Rs 25 lakh in cash on October 16.
The loot was masterminded by one Salim Mandvi, a Pakistani national, who is living illegally at Mandvi in Kutch, police said.
According to police, after committing the crime, the accused hid the cash and the ornaments at Parvinbibi`s home in Vadodara, out of which around 1,300 grams of gold and Rs 15 lakh cash, has also seized.
Malai was earlier arrested in 2007 for allegedly helping two ISI agents enter India, besides possessing fake currency notes, police said.
A look out notice has been issued for Malai and the other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire