Four Guj districts record 100 % PER and EPIC registration
Ahmedabad: Ahead of this year`s assembly polls in Gujarat, four districts in the state- Ahmedabad, Bharuch, Surendranagar and Sabarkantha have recorded 100 per cent registration of Photo Electoral Rolls (PER) and Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), officials said.
"We have achieved 100 per cent PER and EPIC in four district of the state which are Ahmedabad, Bharuch, Surendranagar and Sabarkantha," a senior official from the State Chief Electoral Office said.
PER includes all the details of the voter as mentioned in the electoral roll in addition to the photograph of the voter, while the EPIC, issued by the Election Commission, is a mandatory identification at the time of voting.
Earlier, the election commission had also reviewed poll-preparedness in areas falling under Patan and Ahmedabad zones.
Deputy Election Commissioner (DEC) Vinod Zutshi, who was on a two-day tour to the state earlier this week, met District Collectors (DCs) and Superintendents of Police (SPs) of districts falling under Patan and Ahmedabad zones this week, the election officer said.
Zutshi held meetings with DCs and SPs of Patan, Sabarkantha, Banaskantha, Mehsana and Kutch (Patan zone) and Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Kheda (Ahmedabad zone), the officer said.
The officer added that DEC discussed details about the addition of new voters to the revised electoral list of August 31, the increase in the number of male, female and NRI voters, among other details with DCs.
The SPs apprised them of the law and order situation, identified sensitive polling stations and requirement of police forces, home guards and paramilitary forces.
Zutshi, however, could not meet the DC and SP of Surendranagar district, which falls under Ahmedabad zone, owing to the volatile law and order situation in Than village, the official informed.
Gujarat has been divided into five zones and the poll preparedness review meeting with DCs and SPs of districts falling under Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot zones had already been undertaken by the DEC in July, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP