Four new judges sworn in Gujarat HC
Ahmedabad: Four new judges of the Gujarat
High court were Monday administered the oath of office by the acting Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya.
Justice Chandrakant Soni, Justice Ashish Desai, Justice Nilay Anjaria and Justice Paresh Upadhyay who were
appointed as additional judges of the Gujarat High court by
the President of India, were administered the oath of office
at the High court, Registrar General of Gujarat High Court G R
Udhwani said in a release.
With the addition of four more judges, the current
number of judges in the high court has gone up to 26, while
the approved strength is 42.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Law Minister Dileep
Sanghani, Minister of State for Law Pradeepsinh Jadeja, Leader
of the Opposition in state Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil and other
officers of the court attended the ceremony, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video