Four sent to police remand for gang-rape in Rajkot
Rajkot: Four people, who were arrested along with a 15-year-old boy on Wednesday for allegedly raping a 20-year-old mentally disabled woman, were on Thursday sent to five days` police remand while two policemen have been suspended on the charge of negligence of duty.
Suresh Talsani (20), Alpesh Koli (20), Natha Kukadiya (20) and Vikaram Kukadya (18) and a 15-year-old boy were arrested yesterday on the basis of a complaint lodged by the victim`s mother with the Thorala police station.
However, taking a serious note of the incident, city Police Commissioner H P Singh asked the city crime branch to probe the matter.
The crime branch arrested the five yesterday while a 40-year-old identified as Haresh Makwana is still absconding, the police said.
Meanwhile, a local court sent all the four today to five days` police remand while the 15-year-old boy was sent to an observation home, the police said.
The 20-year-old mentally challenged woman was abducted by Natha Koli on October 13 and he along with his five friends allegedly gang-raped her for three days.
When the victim`s mother went to Thorala police station to lodge a missing report about her daughter, two policemen identified as Kirit Parmar and Hemant Vyas refused to lodge her complaint saying though the victim was mentally unstable, she would return home by herself.
HP Singh suspended the two policemen, the police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why