Four-year-old boy falls in borewell, dies
Jamnagar: A four-year-old boy died today after falling in a 350-feet deep borewell near here, a district official said.
"The boy, identified as Vijay Vasava, fell into a 350-feet deep borewell at a farm in Gokulpur-Para village of the district this morning, is declared dead," Sub-Divisional Magistrate AK Adhia said.
The child was playing when he slipped and fell into the borewell and was trapped at the 87th feet, he said.
Parents of the deceased are daily wage labourers and were working at the farm when the incident occurred, the official said.
He said efforts were made to rescue the boy for more than four hours by the fire brigade officials of Jamanagar and neighbouring districts.
The rescue team, however, could not save him.
"There was water inside the well, and there is a possibility that the child might have drowned," he said adding efforts were on to fish out the body.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents