Four-year-old boy falls in borewell, dies
Jamnagar: A four-year-old boy died today after falling in a 350-feet deep borewell near here, a district official said.
"The boy, identified as Vijay Vasava, fell into a 350-feet deep borewell at a farm in Gokulpur-Para village of the district this morning, is declared dead," Sub-Divisional Magistrate AK Adhia said.
The child was playing when he slipped and fell into the borewell and was trapped at the 87th feet, he said.
Parents of the deceased are daily wage labourers and were working at the farm when the incident occurred, the official said.
He said efforts were made to rescue the boy for more than four hours by the fire brigade officials of Jamanagar and neighbouring districts.
The rescue team, however, could not save him.
"There was water inside the well, and there is a possibility that the child might have drowned," he said adding efforts were on to fish out the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video