Four-year-old boy falls in borewell, dies
Jamnagar: A four-year-old boy died today after falling in a 350-feet deep borewell near here, a district official said.
"The boy, identified as Vijay Vasava, fell into a 350-feet deep borewell at a farm in Gokulpur-Para village of the district this morning, is declared dead," Sub-Divisional Magistrate AK Adhia said.
The child was playing when he slipped and fell into the borewell and was trapped at the 87th feet, he said.
Parents of the deceased are daily wage labourers and were working at the farm when the incident occurred, the official said.
He said efforts were made to rescue the boy for more than four hours by the fire brigade officials of Jamanagar and neighbouring districts.
The rescue team, however, could not save him.
"There was water inside the well, and there is a possibility that the child might have drowned," he said adding efforts were on to fish out the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police