Fourteen dead in Gujarat road accident
Anand: All fourteen passengers were killed on Friday when their auto-rickshaw collided with a road transport bus near a village in Kheda district, police said.
The accident took place when the rickshaw the victims were travelling in collided with the bus, coming from opposite direction on Nadiad-Mahemdavad highway near Andhaj village, Kheda Deputy Superintendent of Police Makrand Chauhan said.
Ten passengers and the rickshaw driver died on the spot while two were immediately rushed to Ahmedabad Civil Hospital and another was admitted to Nadiad Civil Hospital in a serious condition.
The injured trio later succumbed to their injuries increasing the death toll to 14, Chauhan said.
The deceased, mostly from Devki Vansol village of Kheda, were identified as Arvind Parmar (25), Dinesh Parmar (54), Ravji Parmar(35), Manu Parmar(35), Mangal Parmar(25), Raiji Jhala (26), Saroj Vaghela (35), her brother Thakor Vaghela (25), Alkesh Barot(30) his son Yash Barot(10), Sunil Rathod (20), Mahesh Solanki(23), Bhupendra Parmar(25) and Pratap Parmar (20).
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus which hit the auto rickshaw was going to Ahmedabad from Pavagadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home