Fourteen dead in Gujarat road accident
Anand: All fourteen passengers were killed on Friday when their auto-rickshaw collided with a road transport bus near a village in Kheda district, police said.
The accident took place when the rickshaw the victims were travelling in collided with the bus, coming from opposite direction on Nadiad-Mahemdavad highway near Andhaj village, Kheda Deputy Superintendent of Police Makrand Chauhan said.
Ten passengers and the rickshaw driver died on the spot while two were immediately rushed to Ahmedabad Civil Hospital and another was admitted to Nadiad Civil Hospital in a serious condition.
The injured trio later succumbed to their injuries increasing the death toll to 14, Chauhan said.
The deceased, mostly from Devki Vansol village of Kheda, were identified as Arvind Parmar (25), Dinesh Parmar (54), Ravji Parmar(35), Manu Parmar(35), Mangal Parmar(25), Raiji Jhala (26), Saroj Vaghela (35), her brother Thakor Vaghela (25), Alkesh Barot(30) his son Yash Barot(10), Sunil Rathod (20), Mahesh Solanki(23), Bhupendra Parmar(25) and Pratap Parmar (20).
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus which hit the auto rickshaw was going to Ahmedabad from Pavagadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today