Fourteen dead in Gujarat road accident
Anand: All fourteen passengers were killed on Friday when their auto-rickshaw collided with a road transport bus near a village in Kheda district, police said.
The accident took place when the rickshaw the victims were travelling in collided with the bus, coming from opposite direction on Nadiad-Mahemdavad highway near Andhaj village, Kheda Deputy Superintendent of Police Makrand Chauhan said.
Ten passengers and the rickshaw driver died on the spot while two were immediately rushed to Ahmedabad Civil Hospital and another was admitted to Nadiad Civil Hospital in a serious condition.
The injured trio later succumbed to their injuries increasing the death toll to 14, Chauhan said.
The deceased, mostly from Devki Vansol village of Kheda, were identified as Arvind Parmar (25), Dinesh Parmar (54), Ravji Parmar(35), Manu Parmar(35), Mangal Parmar(25), Raiji Jhala (26), Saroj Vaghela (35), her brother Thakor Vaghela (25), Alkesh Barot(30) his son Yash Barot(10), Sunil Rathod (20), Mahesh Solanki(23), Bhupendra Parmar(25) and Pratap Parmar (20).
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus which hit the auto rickshaw was going to Ahmedabad from Pavagadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack