France to open visa centre in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: French Consul General in India Jean-Raphael Peytregnet met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar today and discussed the possibility of exploring new avenues of co-operation.
To facilitate those wanting to visit France, Peytregnet made an announcement to open a visa centre in Ahmedabad, during his meeting with the Gujarat chief minister, according to an official press release issued here.
Besides the visa centre, Peytregnet also expressed his country`s desire to expand ties between France and Gujarat by opening a French Language Centre of Excellence here.
Peytregnet also said that France would play a crucial role in developing 100 new cities in India and Gujarat is one of their preferred states for the project.
During the meet, Patel invited French businessmen to take part in the forthcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit-2015.
While giving details about opportunities in Gujarat to develop sectors like pharmaceuticals, defence equipment production and cement industry, the Gujarat CM also invited French entrepreneurs to develop Dholera Port City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH