France to open visa centre in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: French Consul General in India Jean-Raphael Peytregnet met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar today and discussed the possibility of exploring new avenues of co-operation.
To facilitate those wanting to visit France, Peytregnet made an announcement to open a visa centre in Ahmedabad, during his meeting with the Gujarat chief minister, according to an official press release issued here.
Besides the visa centre, Peytregnet also expressed his country`s desire to expand ties between France and Gujarat by opening a French Language Centre of Excellence here.
Peytregnet also said that France would play a crucial role in developing 100 new cities in India and Gujarat is one of their preferred states for the project.
During the meet, Patel invited French businessmen to take part in the forthcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit-2015.
While giving details about opportunities in Gujarat to develop sectors like pharmaceuticals, defence equipment production and cement industry, the Gujarat CM also invited French entrepreneurs to develop Dholera Port City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda