France to open visa centre in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: French Consul General in India Jean-Raphael Peytregnet met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar today and discussed the possibility of exploring new avenues of co-operation.
To facilitate those wanting to visit France, Peytregnet made an announcement to open a visa centre in Ahmedabad, during his meeting with the Gujarat chief minister, according to an official press release issued here.
Besides the visa centre, Peytregnet also expressed his country`s desire to expand ties between France and Gujarat by opening a French Language Centre of Excellence here.
Peytregnet also said that France would play a crucial role in developing 100 new cities in India and Gujarat is one of their preferred states for the project.
During the meet, Patel invited French businessmen to take part in the forthcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit-2015.
While giving details about opportunities in Gujarat to develop sectors like pharmaceuticals, defence equipment production and cement industry, the Gujarat CM also invited French entrepreneurs to develop Dholera Port City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city